Listing ID: 954
This freehold hotel and general store on 1.5 acres of commercial land is a real gold mine - quite literally! Already turning over around $1 million a year, it's about to get an even bigger boost from a new gold mine opening nearby.
Established in 1907, the Sandstone National Hotel and General Store is 661km from Perth and 157km from Mt Magnet, and is the only pub and general store for 150km!
Alto Metals Ltd is in the process of opening a new gold mine 6km away, and the hotel is already benefitting as surveyors and other personnel visit the area and need somewhere to stay.
- Newly renovated inside and out, with improvements ongoing
- Mix of motel-style rooms and pub rooms, including 4 new rooms with ensuites
- TVs in 12 of the 14 motel rooms
- Bar and restaurant, with new fridges/freezers
- Licensed 6am to 10pm on Sundays, and 6am till midnight Monday to Saturday
- Karaoke facilities
- General store
- 4 permanent live-in truck drivers generate $12k-$13k gross a month
- No experience needed - 4 excellent staff in place
- Regular and annually returning clientele
- 3-bedroom house with private yard, in-ground pool and large shed
The National Hotel was built in the Gold Rush years by WA Richardson, and has remained open ever since, being a popular stopover for tourists, miners and prospectors. With nothing more to spend, this is a potential-packed freehold investment that would suit a variety of buyers.
Freehold price: $940,000
Leasehold opportunity considered
Sandstone, Western Australia 6639