Listing ID: 1008
Given the town's impressive amenities, and strong 10-year economic plan, it's no wonder Moura is now attracting new residents and industry, making this business a very viable investment.
Houses are selling, and the town's tourism and mining industries are thriving, with Cockatoo Coal planning to ramp up its nearby operation in 2017, and Silver City Drilling buying the local caravan park. This is the perfect time to take over this well established and profitable Post Office and cash in on Moura's growth spurt!
- Ideal husband and wife business
- Low rent - $1666 a month
- Turnover $340,000-plus, healthy net profit
- Nearest competitor 60km away
- All Australia Post services plus Centrelink hub, which generates $5000 income pa
- Other products and services include freight, printers and ink cartridges, ice cream, giftware, passports and identity services
- No franchise fees, license fees or advertising costs
- 457 Post Office boxes with room for more
- Two delivery runs - both Country Mail Contracts - 370km and 130km
- Hilux Ute fitted out to contract requirements also available
Located on the Dawson Highway, Moura is just 2 hours from Rockhampton and Gladstone. Town amenities include a hospital, schooling up to Grade 12, a bank and two bank agencies (one of which is part of the business), a wide range of shops, restaurants and sports facilities. Just 7km from Moura, Dawson River has excellent fishing and is perfect for water-skiing.
Moura, Queensland 4718