This one-terminal standalone post office in the country town of Casterton, just over an hour from the coast, has been operated by the current owner for 18 years.
Bright, spacious and well presented, Casterton Post Office is well established and would make an excellent husband-and-wife business, with no weekend work. Alternatively, for a buyer seeking a smart Super investment, the freehold is available.
The recent introduction of payment for parcel scanning delivery has boosted the already healthy turnover by $350 to $550 extra a month.
- Ideally located on Glenelg Highway
- Excellent main road frontage with ample customer parking
- 243 Post Office boxes onsite - 240 currently leased
- Competitive rent with long lease available
- Products and services include Australia Post, banking facilities (large banks and credit unions), stationery, passports, books, mobile phones, gifts, cards and wrappings
- Postage rate increase has boosted profits
- Possibility of adding a 3-bedroom residence to this 2-storey solid brick building, as there used to be one on the property
- Owner wants to retire
Sitting on the Glenelg River, Casterton has a good range of shops and services, including a hospital, aged care facility, schools and recreational facilities.
It is also centrally located to the large regional centres of Mt Gambier, Portland and Hamilton, making this a safe investment in a lovely location.
Casterton, Victoria 3311