Listing ID: 885
More of a country B&B than a pub, this beautiful historic Queenslander-style hotel has been keeping locals and visitors happy since 1902.
Just 2.5 hours from Cairns, with a sealed road right to the door, the location offers a fantastic lifestyle, as well as being perfectly positioned to profit from the growing number of tourists in the area.
Sitting on just under 3 acres, the business is well supported by locals, and provides regular accommodation to local Queensland Rail workers. With the mine at nearby Chillagoe due to commence work, this is a great opportunity!
- Also serves as local post office
- 21 accommodation rooms - singles, doubles + family rooms - 6 with ensuites
- Accommodation area crib-room
- 10 additional public toilets and showers
- 2 laundries
- 4 private rooms + large private bathroom
- Commercial size kitchen, cold room + store room
- Large shed
- Camping area for tents + caravans
- Bores + rainwater tanks - plenty of water
- School bus comes right past for pick up/drop off
- Good annual income + many options to increase
- Great business for couple, family or tourist operator
- Owners ready to retire
An added bonus here is that the Savannah Way tourist train stops in front of the hotel twice a week and guests are served morning tea/lunch, with the option to stay overnight at the hotel. This area is rich in great tourist attractions, with limestone caves, aboriginal art, fossils, an historical grave site, old mine sites, swimming holes and so much more.
Almaden, Queensland 4871