Listing ID: 123
A grand old house, well suited to B&B or boutique accommodation, this enormous home is also ideal for large families.
Built in 1920, the house is soundly constructed and well designed.
- Rammed earth construction, approx. 100 squares
- Murray pine flooring and ceiling
- Extensive interior timber paneling of Red Pine and Oregon
- 10 Bedrooms on ground floor
- 2 Bedrooms each with balcony overlooking grounds on second floor
- 3 Bathrooms, one has been completely refurbished
- Open fireplaces in 8 rooms
- Formal dining room
- Hydronic heating to main bedroom and bathroom, powered by wood fired furnace
- Separate entertaining area fully screened and freshly painted
The grounds feature 156ha of mostly arable land divided into 4 paddocks.
- Large dam
- On-site bore
- Old wisteria and olive trees
- Circular drive at front of house
- Non-permanent creek frontage
- 8 stand shearing shed with new Prattley steel yards
- Machinery shed and hay shed
- 2 x 600 tonne Cyclone silos
Also available with this property is a further 1600 acres of land. There is 300 acres of flood irrigation making it a viable business for anyone looking for farmland as well. The two properties can be sold together or separately. House can be sold separately as well.
Butherwah is 5kms from Urana townhip, 3.5 hours from Melbourne and 1 hour from Wagga Wagga. Butherwah is situated in the heart of the beautiful Riverina.
This iconic homestead is a must inspect!
Urana, New South Wales 2645